Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Fit the First


I'm up I'm UP!! Barely squeezed in a nap but all is well, breakfast is being ingested hastily and coffee has already begun kicking in. Thankfully, the fine folks at Dewey's have provided a launching pad of sorts for today's mix of frantic blogging and fervent reading. WIthout further ado:

1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The heart of the Rust Belt, Youngstown, OH

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Probably About a Mountain, as it's the only book with which I've zero familiarity.

3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Total candor herea tin of sardines to top off my protein and omega-3 levels.

4. Tell us a little about yourself!
This week is actually the 6th anniversary of my decision to dedicate my life to writing.

5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's the one thing you'll do different today? If this is your first readathon, what are you most excited about?

Touching base with other writers is something I've explored before, but it bears repeating: there are few things so important to the craft as an ongoing and meaningful exchange with a variety of fellow aspirants. I've very much enjoyed perusing the blogs of others so far, have picked up more than a few pointers through observation alone, and I'm fairly certain that the frivolity of the event will prove contagious enough to make for a truly memorable day!

Breakfast officially over, first round of coffee's downcommencing book one, The Time Traveler's Wife!



2 comments:

  1. Good choice. It's quite gripping, The Time Traveler's Wife. Hope you enjoy it and good luck today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck reading today. I read and enjoyed that book. Have fun while you accomplish some goals.

    ReplyDelete