Saturday, March 7, 2015

Quick Update from the Fane


Spring is nearly upon us and I haven't blogged a thing since the aftermath of last year's National Novel Writing Month. It's been a struggle just making it through most days; sometimes, that's just the way reality rolls. 2014 was a rough year, and 2015 hasn't been doing me many favors, either. But, after a few months spent in search of a firmer footing, I finally feel like I'm back in the swing of things. 

Just this past week, I managed to write an entire story with a beginning, middle, and end, an accomplishment never before achieved despite years of writing. It's nothing earth shattering, and won't be longer than a thousand or so words when all's said and done, but that's the plan for this year: No more Great American Novel, no more trying to make an impact or leave my mark; I just want to get some completed works under my belt, a few practice runs so I can develop the necessary discipline and fine-tune my understanding of the fundamentals of writing. 

That having been said, I'm not sure I'll be blogging with any appreciable zeal, at least not for a little while. I might even wait until the site proper has been built. It's a delicate time, and I'm being patient with myself. Whatever comes of it will hopefully have been worthwhile, in the end. Thanks to anyone who still checks back for updates every now and again, as well as to those who might be happening across the Scholar's Fane for the first time. Things'll be moving and shaking eventually, in their own due time. See you back here when they do.

—James La Salandra

No comments:

Post a Comment