Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: The Point of No Return


No matter how hard you try, there's just no accounting for every possible variable you might encounter in the course of any given day. Read-a-thon is surely no exception. As Jurassic Park's Dr. Ian Malcom, played by Jeff Goldblum, put it "Life, uh, uh...uh...finds, uh...a way." And I now understand it to be an unavoidable fact of life that there will always be something that puts a crimp in my attempts at an unabbreviated Read-a-thon. 

Now that it's passed, it's time to get down to business. 

Having won both a door prize and a mini-challenge prize, and with no more distractions in sight, there's nothing stopping me from tackling my chosen read in earnest. I know I won't finish, but that doesn't mean I can't take a sizable bite out of the remaining pages. I may find my mind wandering, I may grow tired, but I'm determined to fight my way to the finish. I'll keep checking in on Twitter periodically, to cheer people along and continue sharing in what has now surely devolved into a kind of madness, but reading's the thing until the Read-a-thon draws to its close.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wins! I1m all for keeping reading for as much as we possibly can, but don't forget to eat, drink and relax from time to time. You can even rest your eyes a bit - but set an alarm clock before you do that, just in case. #TeamKing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, this has by no means a day of reading to the exclusion of all else. My page count is embarrassingly low, owing to frequent pauses and diversions. But they've been solid pages, and I'm getting more out of reading right now than I have in ages, and that includes the pizza break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning doubly! Good job on your reading today!

    ReplyDelete